Tuesday 26 June 2018

I'm Back 27th June 2018

Three Weeks In Albany June 2018

I enjoyed my short break in Albany which began with Greg, Leisha, Jessica and Anna travelling with me to Albany for the long weekend. The weather was superb and I appreciated catching up with the grandies. We made birthday cake for Greg and Leisha, but once made, the girls could not wait to tuck in so the cake was eaten a day or too early and the secret was out!

While I was there, Val from Arkaydes, arrived for a stay. Unfortunately her visit was not a happy one as her father was in the Albany Hospice. He has since passed away and I am very glad to have had the opportunity to help Ric and Val out as they have been very good friends to us over the past few years on our boat trips. Our condolences to Val and  her family on the loss of your father/grandfather. Hope we can catch up soon.

On the way back through Perth I stayed with Karin, Paul, Isabelle and Emmalyn. I arrived on Isabelle's birthday and was able to participate in the 4th birthday party. Great fun, but I'm glad I didn't have to deal with fractious pre-schoolers after all the excitement and sugar induced 'highs'.

The three weeks wizzed by and now I am back on Olivia for the second half of my sailing season 2018.

Back to Queensland 23rd - 27th June

Manly Marina's, Moreton Bay

I arrived at Brisbane Airport at 5.10am, some 20 mins early. Normally this would be a good thing, but on this occasion it turned out to be uncomfortably early. The train station did not open until 5.40am and I did not realise this and quickly made my way there to catch the train. Waiting on the station platform for the ticket office to open had me shivering uncontrollably in the freezing breeze that blew straight through everything in it's path, including me. It has been very cold here, as much as 10 degrees below normal I am told. The train journey was straightforward and I was soon alighting at Manly Station to be met by Peter. We are currently in the Moreton Bay Trailer Boat Club Marina for the week at a cost of $295, for liveaboards, in a 14m pen.

We have spent the last few days preparing Olivia for a quick trip north. Depending upon the weather of course, we hope to get up to the Keppel Islands as soon as possible. From there we will slow down and enjoy the warmth (I hope!!) and visit some new and interesting places along with some of our old favourites.

Yesterday we took the train into Brisbane City to visit Paddington and then walk to Southbank Park. Paddington was advertised as being historic and having antique/second hand shops, restaurants and cafes etc. We were unimpressed! Especially as we walked a fair distance to get there. Southbank, however, was lovely. We perused the gardens and particularly admired the edible garden with it's vegetables and herbs set out in tubs and geometric shapes. Brisbane is certainly the city of bridges presenting in many interesting shapes and sizes.

Liz at the Edible Garden, Southbank

Today is very overcast and supposed to rain tonight. I hope it clears by tomorrow, when we leave. The weather forecast looks good for our journey north over the next few days. Hopefully we sail into warmer weather soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment